Pages

Previous posts

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Do you have a few minutes?




OK, I know I keep rambling on and on about taking time out for yourself.  Let me be the first to say I am probably the worst at carving out that time.  I talk about that on my “about me “page.  Finding time for yourself can be just as difficult as finding time for the 1000 other things on your to-do list.  Sometimes it’s just not realistic to have a weekend all to yourself, or take a day off work to just do nothing, or plan a totally relaxing trip, or just simply get in bed at a decent time and get enough rest to start the dog race all over again.



Here are a few quick and easy ways to incorporate some me time into your already hectic schedules.


Mornings:   Set your alarm clock 30 minutes earlier than everyone else.  Take a morning shower and listen to your favorite CD.  I particularly like the relaxing sounds of Feng Shui.  Adding a revitalizing body wash and a scented fragrant candle can be a great way to start your morning.



Afternoons:  Do lunch by yourself.  Next time load up a great comedy on the IPod or MP3 player to listen to while eating. Go find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed.  Loose the shoes, slip on the slippers and get comfortable even if it’s just for a little while.




Evenings:  After you check off all the things on your evening to –do list.  Take a walk outside, even if it’s to the mailbox and get some fresh air. Sit in a quiet room by yourself for a few minutes and practice diaphragmatic breathing to bring you to a state of relaxation.   Have a cup of lavender tea or sip a glass of red wine to wind down.  




These ideas may not be much but they definitely help and are great ways to start taking time for yourself.


Help someone find there happy place.  Pass it on.







2 comments:

  1. I need to try this, now that fashion week is over..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this inspiring post! I find that taking a stroll to the mailbox to get some fresh air and having some herb tea, are amazing treats in the evening.
    Thanks for following along and taking the time to leave a nice comment. Glad you found me on that magazine!:)
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails